BCPL in the new millenium (was: Proposal3: Make $_ a valid identifier character

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Jun 1 04:25:31 UTC 2000

On Wed, May 31, 2000 at 12:01:59PM +1200, Richard A. O'Keefe wrote:

> Long pause while I find an Alto BCPL manual.

BCPL fans and committed retrocomputing enthusiasts should bookmark
Martin Richards' web site at:

	http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/users/mr/

Here you will find an up to date BCPL manual, portable implementions
of BCPL and MCPL, a Tripos command shell, and other fun stuff.

Anyone care to implement SLANG translation to BCPL? We could have
Squeak running in a BCPL virtual machine under a Tripos monitor
hosted on Linux using Dr. Richards' latest work. Alternatively,
hosting BCPL/Tripos in a Squeak image might be interesting.

Dave