Correction 2 (Re: Syntax & Sematics [was: Re: [Enough already] Re: Proposal3:)

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Wed Jun 7 16:42:50 UTC 2000

In message <Pine.A41.4.21L1.0006071038410.19378-100000 at login0.isis.unc.edu>
          Bijan Parsia <bparsia at email.unc.edu> wrote:

[snip, I agree mostly with Bjarne, er, barney, I mean bijan]
> My positive bit is that I think it would be really slick and helpful
> (ha!) to have something like the old Apple "guided tour", that taught you
> how to click, how to click 'n drag, etc.
Probably an excellent idea - using the event tapes to demonstrate
  how to browse
  how to edit a method
  how to 'do it'
  how to add a new class
  etc
would make an excellent tutorial device.

If anyone had the time, I'd really like to see the LearningWorks system
ported across. We put a _lot_ of effort into a pretty good educational
frameowr. It's so far been used to teach (approx) 25,000 students the
basics of Objects, Smalltalk etc., so I think it is reasonably proven.

tim

My computer NEVER cras