DSA changes open for comment

Raab, Andreas Andreas.Raab at disney.com
Thu Jun 1 03:31:04 UTC 2000

[Bob wrote]
> As best I can tell the two Mac VMs that Dan placed on uiuc
> recently do not have the *new* LargeIntegers code in them. I
> cannot be sure about Andreas' Windows VM, but his
> announcement of it sounded like it did not contain the
> LargeIntegers plugin either.

The latest Windows VM (2.8alpha) does contain LargeIntegers. It's been built
based on the changes that were current at this time.

[Stephan wrote]
> I think most people update their VMs, if there is a official
> (not alpha) version number change.
> Currently we are staying at VM2.7.
>
> Is this true or may I be wrong here?

That depends. People who are not on the aggressive update road through the
alpha updates should certainly stay at 2.7. Those who want to have the very
latest stuff should make sure they got the latest VMs - this is important
since more and more code now relies on the fast primitive failure for named
primitive (most importantly from LargeIntegers ;-)

  - Andreas