[ENH][PLUGIN] LargeIntegers plugin/module with bit logic

Raab, Andreas Andreas.Raab at disney.com
Wed Mar 15 06:09:14 UTC 2000

Stephan,

> How to do this? Under Linux I have the implicit (but
> dangerous) linkage, so I have never tried to do (but I'm
> interested in).

Just add it to the list of plugins generated with the VM (e.g., in
Interpreter>>translate:doInlining:). There's already a list of plugins and
you should be able to just add your stuff to the list there. There's a
slight difference currently which is that you'll have to change the
specification of the external primitive (e.g., omit the module) but this is
going to change soon.

> Another point:
> Previously I suggested to make all not exported plugin functions
> 'static' as default to avoid name clashes with other modules.

That's going to happen Real Soon Now.

> And how do you debug then on the Mac?

I'm wondering about this myself ;o
Though, of course there are almost always other options than dumping stuff
to stdio.

  - A.