Problem compiling 2.7 on Mac with CodeWorrier 4

Bruce O'Neel beoneel at mindspring.com
Thu Mar 16 14:31:19 UTC 2000

Hi,
  Most of your problems came about because Code Warrior, aided by
Apple, changes a lot from version to version.  I believe that John uses
CodeWarrior 11 to build with.  When I use CW11 it builds out of the box.
When I try to use CWPro 4, the last version I own, I have to repeat
the same changes you just went through.  I also never write them down
so every time I have to rediscover them.  Plus, I wait just long
enough so that I completely forget and it really is a rediscovery.

On a side note, even with the highest optimization, CWpro4 seems to do
no better then CW11 in building squeak in terms of speed, though it
sure takes a lot longer and a lot more memory to do so.  Odd...

> I also had to add empty stubs for ioLoadModuleOfLength and
> ioLoadSymbolOfLengthFromModule which were missing.

One of the 2.8a updates fixes this.  Ah, macos.tuwein.ac.at:9009 comes
through yet again with my note which claimed it is changeset
1799vmSupportCode-jm, which John confirmed.

cheers and good luck!

bruce