Headless Squeak

Raab, Andreas Andreas.Raab at disney.com
Wed Mar 22 06:22:38 UTC 2000

> I thought I saw mention of this prior to the Squeakend, but I
> haven't heard much since.  Is anyone working on such a beast?
> I'd much rather script in Smalltalk than Python.  I suppose I
> could use GNU Smalltalk, but I'm not too keen on the way
> they are applying the GPL to their image (and presumably my
> image).

There is such a thing as a headless VM (e.g., a VM running without a window)
but so far there is no common command line interface. BTW, can somebody give
an update on the outcome of the Camp Smalltalk project of the common
headless protocols?! Was command line interfacing actually part of this?!

> One more question.  Anyone given any thought to wrapping wxWindows in
> Squeak, a la wxPython?  I know this will probably offend some
> purists, but it might address the earlier questions about
> widgets for business apps.

It's several ages since I last looked at it. Do you have an URL for the
latest news on wxWindows?!

  - Andreas