[enh] send to printer from a workspace

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Fri Mar 10 16:09:51 UTC 2000

On Fri, 10 Mar 2000 09:30:27 -0500 Mark Guzdial <guzdial at cc.gatech.edu> wrote:
>I must have missed this in one of the changesets -- can we actually
>print to a physical printer from Squeak?  Is this in 2.8a?  What
>protocol does the printer have to speak to make this work?

I seems to have been around for a while. See the function "ioFormPrint()" in the vm source for your platform to see if it actually does anything. The Mac version simply prints the arguments out:

int ioFormPrint(int bitsAddr, int width, int height, int depth, double hScale, double vScale, int landscapeFlag) {
	/* experimental: print a form with the given bitmap, width, height, and depth at
	   the given horizontal and vertical scales in the given orientation */
	printf("ioFormPrint width %d height %d depth %d hScale %f vScale %f landscapeFlag %d\n",
		width, height, depth, hScale, vScale, landscapeFlag);
	bitsAddr;
	return true;
}

>From the sound of things, another platform may actually have a working implementation.