First impressions [was: Re: Word from the Squeakend]

Stephan Rudlof sr at evolgo.de
Tue Mar 14 20:09:42 UTC 2000

Henrik Gedenryd wrote:

> - Just as a tip, a note learned from web pages: Outdated contents sometimes
> look worse than no contents at all. Eg. "What's new in 2.4" does look worse
> than no "what's new" at all.

Agree.

> In general, anything that will make the age of
> something become obvious is best avoided.

I feel a force to contradict the 'In general, ...'!

This statement is only true for longer lasting contents which remain
valid over some releases (e.g. BNF for Squeak language).

But to know at which time some docs have been generated is *** very
helpful ***
if you detect a difference between docs and reality.

This happens very often, :-(
because there is a very fast development/release cycle... :-)

Greetings,

Stephan
--
Stephan Rudlof (sr at evolgo.de)