Problem compiling 2.7 on Mac with CodeWorrier 4

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Thu Mar 16 00:09:44 UTC 2000

"Raab, Andreas" wrote:

> I think it's <Devices.h> (IIRC).
Yes, that appears to work ok. Needs to be put in the sources 'officially'

> BTW, Mac gurus out there how does one find
> out where a certain function is defined in the headers?! There seems to be
> nothing short of waiting several hours for having the hard disk indexed (how
> I hate this) since I couldn't find any documentation about where functions
> are declared in header files (as a matter of fact I wrote myself a little
> SqueakUtil that scans the files looking for some string). Any better way of
> doing this?!
I hope so. I haven't used codeworrier much for a long time, but I have
to say that so far I am utterly unimpressed. You don't even get told
which file included the header that is causing a problem!

> > Next, sqMacExternalPrims.c says:-
> > Error   : undefined identifier 'kCurrentCFragArch'
> > sqMacExternalPrims.c line 21   c2pstr(libName), kCurrentCFragArch,
> > action, &libHandle, &mainAddr, errorMsg);
>
> This has gone away at some time. It's now called 'kCompiledCFragArch'.
OK, likwise this ought to go in the sources properly

> > And lastly (so far as it goes right now!):-
> > sqMacSounds says..
> > Error   : cannot convert
> > 'long *' to
> > 'unsigned long *'
> > sqMacSound.c line 394   Delay(1, &junk);
>
> Just cast the darn thing. Who cares.
Well obviously somebody did at some time, or it wouldn't be that way...
Again, the edit needs to be put in the sources.

OK, now everything compiles and I just have to find some library or
other that appears to be missing. Who knows which libs are needed to
provide this lot?
----------------
Link Error   : undefined '__destroy_global_chain' (code)
Referenced from 'exit' in MSL C.PPC.Lib

Link Error   : undefined '__div2u' (code)
Referenced from 'longlong2str' in MSL C.PPC.Lib

Link Error   : undefined '__mod2u' (code)
Referenced from 'longlong2str' in MSL C.PPC.Lib

Link Error   : undefined 'WriteCharsToConsole' (code)
Referenced from '__write_console' in MSL C.PPC.Lib

Link Error   : undefined 'ReadCharsFromConsole' (code)
Referenced from '__read_console' in MSL C.PPC.Lib

Link Error   : undefined 'RemoveConsole' (descriptor)
Referenced from 'check_console' in MSL C.PPC.Lib

Link Error   : undefined 'InstallConsole' (code)
Referenced from 'check_console' in MSL C.PPC.Lib

Link Error   : undefined '__ptr_glue' (code)
Referenced from 'copyLoop' in interp.c
Referenced from 'copyLoopPixMap' in interp.c
Referenced from 'copyLoopNoSource' in interp.c
Referenced from 'compilerPostGC' in interp.c
Referenced from 'compilerMapFromto' in interp.c
Referenced from '__exit' in MSL C.PPC.Lib
Referenced from 'exit' in MSL C.PPC.Lib
Referenced from '__pformatter' in MSL C.PPC.Lib
Referenced from '_fseek' in MSL C.PPC.Lib
Referenced from 'fclose' in MSL C.PPC.Lib
Referenced from '__flush_buffer' in MSL C.PPC.Lib
Referenced from 'compilerMark' in interp.c
Referenced from 'compilerPreGC' in interp.c

Link Error   : undefined '__start' (descriptor)

All help most gratefully received,

tim