Squeak viruses (was Re: [VIRUS WARNING] Re: Check this)

Gerardo Richarte core.lists.squeak at core-sdi.com
Thu Mar 2 19:35:25 UTC 2000

Lex Spoon wrote:

> There is another approach, which allows running inside a single
> full-featured VM.  Use object references as capabilities, and only
> provide *safe* object handles to the code that is being loaded

    Or cautiously build a NameSpace where every object you can refer to is safe to be refered.
    But, what about #allInstances or ObjectMemory >> #nextObject ? (is #nextObject what I want? I want to walk the entire memory)

    With this kind of messages I can escape the NameSpace and the jail of object references, get a big bunch of (inaccessible) objects and then #select: over it what I was looking for: FileDirectory, Smalltalk (and the world from there), etc.

    Something else must be done with this messages... (are this problems solved with Squeak's NameSpaces?)

    Escapist Bye!
    Richie++
--
A390 1BBA 2C58 D679 5A71 - 86F9 404F 4B53 3944 C2D0
Investigacion y Desarrollo - CoreLabs - Core SDI

--- For a personal reply use gera at core-sdi.com