Morphic as default project

Doug Way dway at mat.net
Tue Mar 14 08:49:18 UTC 2000

On Tue, 14 Mar 2000, Richard A. O'Keefe wrote:

> Please don't.  The day Squeak drops MVC is the day I switch to
> VisualWorks or VisualAge.  At least until Squeak arrives with *good*
> documentation that introduces Morphic from the ground to mastery.

Yeah, that's probably the best argument for at least leaving MVC in the
image in some form for now... at least until the Morphic docs are fairly
complete.  So, I think shifting MVC into a "Play With Me - 9" window or
something like that might be the best overall option... (I still don't
think MVC is appropriate as the default project).

>    I wouldn't necessarily advocate dumping MVC completely from the base
>    image, though... it might be nice to have a "Play With Me - 9" which
opens
>    up an MVC project for folks to play with.  Maybe this could be
available
>    for awhile in the base image before dropping MVC.  But MVC should
>    definitely *not* be the first-impression default project.
>
> I could live with that, as long as MVC is still effectively _there_
> without having to download or install anything different, and
> continues to work.

Yes.

- Doug Way
  EAI/Transom Technologies, Ann Arbor, MI