Where to get a DynaBook...

Sebastian Wain core.lists.squeak at core-sdi.com
Wed Mar 15 20:27:15 UTC 2000

Stephen Travis Pope wrote:

> This is really depressing from a firm that sells "concepts" -- I looked at
> it and thought it was a product. It's only an incremental step beyond the
> visor or color WinCE machines. Where's the innovation here -- that they want
> to add MPEG playback? What a surprize! Didn't Alan Kay develop all these
> concepts in the late 1960s?
>
> stp

Stephen,

IDEO is an Industrial Design oriented firm, IDEO designed the  "material
concept" of the product (with "materials plugins").
I don't understand that IDEO is claiming any recognition for the software
within, Transmeta made the "other side" of the product.

Sebastian Wain

--
Sebastian Wain - Security Consultant
swain at core-sdi.com