EPS from Squeak

Marcel Weiher marcel at metaobject.com
Fri Mar 31 18:05:08 UTC 2000

> From: Stephane Ducasse <ducasse at iam.unibe.ch>
>
> For that, I would like to extract piece of Squeak environmnent as EPS
> I saw that I can ask a morph to print itself in PS (cool).

A typical morph will save itself as an EPS, ready for inclusion
(although it does include a showpage command and a little positioning
magic so it will typically print OK by itself as well).

> Now I would like to be able to select a part of the environment
> and save it as EPS, is there something already in Squeak for that.

Not really.  You could just save the entire world and then clip the
parts you really want.

What might work is a "print"-morph that displays a rectangular
section of the world, similar to the zoom thingy, but drawing using
morphic instead of pixel-pushing.  Printing that morph would then get
you what you want.  Extending that slightly could then give you
scaling, n-up printing etc.

Marcel