Euro Sign

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Mar 14 12:22:09 UTC 2000

Henrik Gedenryd <Henrik.Gedenryd at lucs.lu.se> wrote:
> > Probably the best way of saying this is that the system fonts which
> > ship with MacOS only have the Euro symbol after MacOS 8.5.  Almost all
> > PPC macs are supported by 8.5+ and the few nonsupported ones can
> > generally be coaxed into running it.
>
> By the way I don't see how this affects Squeak since it uses its on fonts,
> character forms, etc. regardless of what the system contains.

If you save a file from Squeak and load it into a Mac application, then
it would matter.  Or if you cut and paste between Squeak and a Mac
application.

But arguably, this is rarer than it is to send a file from Squeak over
the Internet.  Thus in my biased opinion, we should gear our efforts
towards compatibility with the Internet, if we worry about compatibility
at all.

Lex