[ENH] FreeType 2.0 beta plugin & ChangeSet issue

Henrik Gedenryd Henrik.Gedenryd at lucs.lu.se
Thu Mar 9 08:37:58 UTC 2000

There was yet another glitch that prevented the last workaround from
working, but now I've added a workaround to that, too.

There seems to be an unclear issue re. change sets: change sets store
initialize messages to classes defined in the set, but this is only done

a) when the initialize message is defined in the change set
b) for the class that it is defined for (ie. not for subclasses)

This is what prevented my FFI workaround from working properly; if I have
diagnosed the problem correctly, the issue will apply to FFI in general. The
problem is that #defineFields seems to need to be sent to subclasses of
ExternalStructure (ie. FFI classes for accessing C data structures) after
they have been filed in.

In general, I believe the above sematics for class initialization are
somewhat too odd, but I hesitate to propose a fix for such a sensitive part
of the system.

There is now also a Swiki page for my type stuff:

http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/1225

plus the download server now allows http folder access so you don't need
exact file names:

http://www.lucs.lu.se/people/Henrik.Gedenryd/Squeak/type

Henrik