hostname?

AGREE at CarltonFields.com AGREE at CarltonFields.com
Sun Mar 19 22:48:25 UTC 2000

> I tried this on WinNT before sending the message.  The first attempt
> returned 0.0.0.0.  I then looked up another host successfully.  I then
> looked up myself again - this time successfully.  I've found another,
> and more robust for my application, solution so I'll leave this alone
> for now.

You must initialize the network primitives before calling individual socket or network routines. call, for example

	NetNameResolver 		initializeNetworkIfFail: 			[self error: 'network initialization failed']

or, more simply

	Socket initializeNetwork