[BUG] 2.8a -- Hand Morph problem?

Norton, Chris chrisn at Kronos.com
Sat Mar 25 16:22:30 UTC 2000

Hi Folks.

Thanks for the 53 updates!  I can't wait to dig into the new stuff!!   :-)

I'm not sure if this is a new problem or an old one, so I'll just report
it...

Squeak 2.8a, updated to 1972, on Win NT 4.0, service pack 5
Squeak 2.7 VM (release build 8) from Jan 15, 2000

1.  In a new morphic project, bring up the World menu and choose "keep this
menu up".
2.  click on the label area of the menu (the blue part at the top) and drag
it around your project (I just sort of swirled it around, like I was
stirring my coffee)
3.  I got a walkback UndefinedObject:  Error: UndefinedObjects are not
indexable

An interesting thing happens if I close the debugger (click on it's X box).
If I attempt to swirl the menu some more (and subsequently close the
debuggers that pop up), the upper left hand corner of my morphic world gets
filled with a white box filled with a stack dump (I've pasted a .JPG of this
dump to this note).  Essentially, it's a copy of the stack (below).
However, it freezes my image and requires a key press to continue.  Maybe
this is not new, but I've never seen a recoverable error like this before.

Cheers,

---==> Chris

PS>  Wish I could tackle this myself, but I'm working today...  Well, I'm
supposed to be working, anyway.  :-)

Here's the stack:

24 March 2000 11:04:16 am
Error: Error: UndefinedObjects are not indexable
UndefinedObject(Object)>>error:
[] in PasteUpMorph>>displayWorldSafely
[] in BlockContext>>ifError:
Error(Exception)>>handlerAction
Error(Exception)>>signal
Error(Exception)>>signal:
UndefinedObject(Object)>>error:
UndefinedObject(Object)>>errorNotIndexable
UndefinedObject(Object)>>size
TranslucentColor(Color)>>balancedPatternForDepth:
FormCanvas>>setClearColor:
FormCanvas>>fillColor:
[] in HandMorph>>updateCacheCanvasDepth:
FormCanvas>>translateTo:clippingTo:during:
[] in HandMorph>>updateCacheCanvasDepth:
OrderedCollection>>do:
HandMorph>>updateCacheCanvasDepth:
HandMorph>>fullDrawOn:
[] in PasteUpMorph>>displayWorld