Getting binary data out of sockets

Peter Hatch phatch at mojowire.com
Fri Mar 24 14:58:03 UTC 2000

Looks to me like you use #receiveDataInto: with a ByteArray argument.  This
should simply store the received bytes into the ByteArray.  Then, you can use
the #longAt:bigEndian: and #unsignedLongAt:bigEndian: methods on ByteArray to
read numeric data (by walking the ByteArray reading the longs from <index+4>).
 If your data is Float data then you'll have to either implement
#floatAt:bigEndian: on ByteArray or you might be able to use a FloatArray
argument (maybe?).  If not, you should be able to read the data into a
ByteArray and then send the array the message #asFloatArray.

HTH,
pete