Celeste encoding (was: Duplicate messages in Celeste)

Stefan Matthias Aust sma at 3plus4.de
Mon Mar 13 18:22:19 UTC 2000

At 10:31 13.03.00, Lex Spoon wrote:

>Overall, though, the best solution is to switch Squeak to Latin-1.

Make it Latin-15 (so I get my beloved € (euro sign) ;-) or WinAnsi (CP1252)
which is a superset of Latin-15 that contains a few important characters
and would also ease the convertion to MacRoman, and I strongly second this.

bye

PS: Actually, all we'd have to do is to replace the fonts and change the
keyboard translation mappings of the VM.  Well, isLetter and friends
probably also need an update but that should be easy to do.
--
Stefan Matthias Aust  //  Bevor wir fallen, fallen wir lieber auf.