On Schopenhauer and Market-driven code (Was Multimedia)

Duane Maxwell dmaxwell at entrypoint.com
Wed Mar 15 22:26:01 UTC 2000

>You guys have a remarkably narrow view of what "marketing" means.
>

>Marketing != hype; marekting != advertising.

Hmm.  I've looked through the emails on this topic, and have yet to see
somebody say that.  What I _do_ see is that many people are telling you
that if you feel so strongly about this, then go right ahead and do it.

It's Open Source.  There's nothing stopping you.  Knock yourself out.

Just don't be offended if Squeak Central doesn't drop everything they're
doing and suddenly ignore 20+ years of Smalltalk history to cater to your
perceived needs for acceptance of Squeak to HyperCard developers.  For one
thing, I have yet to hear from an actual VB or HyperCard developer on this
list.

Also, please don't assume we all don't know about marketing and mass
acceptance of products.  You'd be quite surprised who's lurking.

Regards -

Duane

Duane Maxwell          dmaxwell (at) entrypoint.com
CTO                       http://www.entrypoint.com
EntryPoint, Inc.    (858)348-3040  FAX(858)348-3100

Information contained herein is my personal opinion
     and not necessarily that of EntryPoint.