zoomable morph?

Hsin-hao Yu hhyu2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 30 07:14:36 UTC 2000

Hi! thank you for replying!

[about your tree editor project]

Would you please let me know when you release
the codes? That sounds really cool.

> What do you mean with "large" tree?
> How many nodes in total? how many immediate
> descandants of a node?

Well, I am embarassed to say that I am talking
about 200 nodes binary trees (althogh highly skewed).
But I hope that it can scale up to a 1000 nodes.

> Maybe we can keep in touch about this, and perhaps
> some material useful
> for the morphic tutorial will also come out of it.

Thank you very much for your enthusiastic response.
I really want to work on this, but since my research
demands results very soon, I will not be able to
invest time in developing tools. I might have to
give up visualization all together.

I am looking at pad++
(http://hci.ucsd.edu/zoom-pad/PadTour.html)
which basically provides a sheet of infinite
resolution. I am trying to see if I can hack up
a simple program using pad++ in a few days.

Documentation and tutorials for Morphic are ineed
very crtitcal to the success of Squeak. I have been
dying for a more complete documentation for a long
time. I will not be able to do programming
more than what my research absolutely requires, but
I am very willing to help if there is anything I can
do to contribute some morphic documentation.

Thank you once again

Hsin-Hao Yu
Department of Cognitive Science
UCSD