[BUG][FIX] primSecondsClock ( sqWin32Directory.c -- Windows only)

Jesse Welton jwelton at pacific.mps.ohio-state.edu
Thu Mar 2 19:51:12 UTC 2000

John Clonts wrote:

> The bug is in
>
>    convertToSqueakTime()
>
> The fix is to replace
>
>    if(st.wMonth > 2 && (dy & 0x0003) == 0)  // line 24
>
> with
>
>    if(st.wMonth > 2 && (++dy & 0x0003) == 0)  // line 24

I'm finding (on Windows 98) that Squeak gives me the correct date for
all days up until 2000-02-29, and a date one day too early for all
days thereafter.  I therefore believe that simply incrementing the day
will cause Squeak to give incorrect dates for all days prior to
2000-03-01, which is certainly not what we're after.

I can't tell precisely where or what the fix should be, but I see that
Squeak is still distressingly weak in the date department, compared to
what it should be capable of.  Even if the immediate case is fixed, it
still won't work past 2099.  So much for "Smalltalk: Guaranteed Y10k
Compatible".

> P.S. should this have gone to the mailing list or just to Andreas Raab?

I don't see why it shouldn't have come to the list.

-Jesse