Pluginised VM seems to work quite well

Ken G. Brown kbrown at tnc.com
Tue Mar 21 20:10:59 UTC 2000

More Files is available to help with developing file and directory
routines. Go to
<http://hyperarchive.lcs.mit.edu/HyperArchive/SearchForm.html> and
search 'More Files' for one place it is available.
Also you can search for technical information at the Apple site
<http://www.apple.com/find/extsrch.html>

 From the More Files read me:
----------------------------
What is MoreFiles?

MoreFiles is a collection of high-level routines written over the
last couple of years to answer File Manager questions developers have
sent to Apple Developer Technical Support and to answer questions on
various online services and the internet. The routines have been
tested (but not stress-tested), documented, code-reviewed, and used
in both my own programs and in many commercial products.
----------------------------
    Ken

At 8:57 PM -0800 on 3/20/00,  Tim Rowledge is rumored to have written:

><>
>  > That isn't inherently the case (indeed, I'm not sure if its
>actually the case
>right no
>>  w).  Mac apps can be made to search interior and blessed folders, as well as
>system fo
>>  lders.
>I've just got to where I start trying this stuff on my PB, so if you can offer
>advice on _how_ to do this I'd be very grateful.
>
>tim
<>