Safe pattern for creating new root classes

dpennell at quallaby.com dpennell at quallaby.com
Sat Mar 25 01:00:59 UTC 2000

[snip]

> > Or we could dynamically load the superclass...
> >

> Where would you load it from?  The problem is when you say:
>
> 	A subclass: B
>
> and A doesn't exist (yet).  Currently, B ends up as a new root class,
> which probably wasn't intended.  It's especially problematic because

If we had dynamically loaded classes, like a certain other language,
we would first try to load A.  I'm assuming that this might tie into
some of the work that SqC is in the middle of.

-david

PS - Is my mail reader sending out MIME again?  I got a new machine
yesterday with Outlook 2000 and I have been through every menu I can
find and it looks like its supposed to be sending plain text.  The
Format menu on this message claims that I'm in plain text.