[VIRUS WARNING] Re: Check this

Gerardo Richarte core.lists.squeak at core-sdi.com
Wed Mar 1 17:24:33 UTC 2000

agree at carltonfields.com wrote:

> Here is the culprit:
>
>         http://www.symantec.com/region/uk/avcenter/venc/vbs_freelink.html

    I just finished unscrambling the virus when I saw your post... anyway

    To know if you are infected check the registry key:
        HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\Rundll

    if it's there, delete it if you don't this will pop up a Message Box every time you boot your machine.
    then delete files:

        C:\WINDOWS\LINKS.VBS
        C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RUNDLL.VBS

    and any other LINKS.VBS on any other Network drive you had connected when your machine was infected (check all the network to be sure... sorry)

    this should be enough (given that you won't click again a LINKS.VSE file...)

    Medical Bye!
    Richie++

--
A390 1BBA 2C58 D679 5A71 - 86F9 404F 4B53 3944 C2D0
Investigacion y Desarrollo - CoreLabs - Core SDI

--- For a personal reply use gera at core-sdi.com