How do you interpret MessageTally>>tallySends?

Dan Ingalls Dan.Ingalls at disney.com
Thu Mar 2 04:13:02 UTC 2000

David _

>How do you interpret MessageTally>>tallySends?
>
>I need to speed up some code, is this the best place to start looking?

TallySends and spyOn: measure two very different quantities, but broken down in the same who-called-who format.  SpyOn: (and the more recent version (not live right now -- sorry) is approximate, but more indicative of real time spent, whereas tallySends is exact and a precise record of how many times each method got executed.

	- Dan