Safe pattern for creating new root classes

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Sat Mar 25 13:52:11 UTC 2000

dpennell at quallaby.com wrote:
ad dynamically loaded classes, like a certain other language,
> we would first try to load A.  I'm assuming that this might tie into
> some of the work that SqC is in the middle of.

The key assumption is still that all related classes will be available
when you load the code.  This is a bit different from the way changesets
are done, where you can glom any group of changes into any changeset.
It doesn't even have to be dynamic loading for this to work--you simply
have a number of changesets that you load in parallel, and the file-in
code will resolve any changes that are mentioned out of order.

> PS - Is my mail reader sending out MIME again?  I got a new machine
> yesterday with Outlook 2000 and I have been through every menu I can
> find and it looks like its supposed to be sending plain text.  The
> Format menu on this message claims that I'm in plain text.

Yep, against your every effort, the software persisted in doing what it
thought you should do.  Maybe they put the options in there just to make
you feel warm and fuzzy?  Below is the "HTML" version of the message
that Outlook   It seems to be an attempt at HTML "plain text", which is
close to the most pointless use of HTML imaginable.  It also marks all
the lines as "font size=2".  A 2 point font?  It must be some sort of
codeword that Outlook understands.  Perhaps Netscape really would treat
this as a 2 point font, and display it in an unreadable way.

Lex