[BUG] "method source with it" broken in 2.8alpha

Doug Way dway at mat.net
Wed Mar 1 22:26:39 UTC 2000

The ability to search all of Squeak's method source (via the "method
source with it" text menu selection) seems to be broken in the current
2.8alpha (updates through #1899).

About halfway through the search, an exception comes up in
BlockNode>>printTemporariesOn:indent:, where the temporaries inst var
equals nil.  It looks like the culprit is probably update #1898, related
to block temporaries.

By the way, is there some way to get a hold of the text of a debugger's
error stack?  I wanted to post some of the stack in this message, but I
didn't see any easy way to do it.  Something like "file out stack" or
"edit stack text" added to the stack menu might be nice.  I also used the
Morphic halo to get to the PluggableListMorph's menu, but didn't see
anything there either.

- Doug Way
  EAI/Transom Technologies, Ann Arbor, MI
  http://www.transom.com