[Q] executing SOME compiledMethod (classless)

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Fri Mar 31 14:54:29 UTC 2000

On Fri, 31 Mar 2000 16:22:42 +0200 "Peter Novak" <pno at whitestein.com> wrote:
>But imagine concurrent Workspaces where SOMEONE (doesn't matter now who -
>maybe people working in distributed environment) want to evaluate his own
>expression in his own workspace. Now You have a problem, because you are not
>able to say whose #DoIt will be executed at the moment.

Peter,

I suspect that this is far from the only problem you will encounter with multiple users sharing one image like that. Too much stuff is not thread safe. One option for the doIt problem (and you did touch on it) would be for each user to have a private class in which context doIts are evaluated (i.e. evaluate the code in PeterNovaksPrivateClass or BobArningsPrivateClass rather than in UndefinedObject). But, as I said, this may be the least of your problems.

Cheers,
Bob