Broken Image, some advice ?

Henrik Gedenryd Henrik.Gedenryd at lucs.lu.se
Thu May 4 05:20:12 UTC 2000

squeak at sysa.barnett.sk wrote:

> I found that my image is mixed up, but still working and i dont want to loose
> some of my unsaved work ... sources are redundant or mixed up when i try to
> fileOut them, i got methods withouth first character ...
>
> Any suggestions ?

Sure do. This is the classic Squeak list issue. Your changes file has been
converted somehow, to use the wrong line end convention. The newer images
contain this warning:

Possible problem with source file!

The method source should start with the method selector
but this is not the case! You may proceed with caution
but it is recommended that you get a new source file.

This can happen if you download the "SqueakV2.sources" file,
or the ".changes" file you use, as TEXT. It must be transfered
in BINARY mode, even if it looks like a text file,
to preserve the CR line ends.

Mac users: This may have been caused by Stuffit Expander.
To prevent the files above to be converted to Mac line ends
when they are expanded, do this: Start the program, then
from Preferences... in the File menu, choose the Cross
Platform panel, then select "Never" and press OK.
Then expand the compressed archive again.

Henrik