[BUG][FIX?] FileDirectory

Stephan Rudlof sr at evolgo.de
Mon May 8 10:44:34 UTC 2000

Bert,

Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> On Sun, 7 May 2000, Stephan Rudlof wrote:
>
> > this is a fix for very platform specific stuff, so it has to be checked
> > if it works under other platforms as Unix, too.
>
> Stephan,
>
> before fixing stuff, you should update to the latest changes. This was
> fixed in #2032 (your latest update seems to be #1974!).

Thank you Bert.

Your changes are much more better than my suggestion.

To my defence:
I have hesitated to update for a while because there were some changes
regarding changesets and isolated projects and I was afraid to get
problems (I'm currently very active with writing drag&drop stuff for the
masses).

No I have updated and hope that all works (made a backup, of course ;-)
).

Another point is that after posting this bugfix my mind continuously
worked and said to me:
- you were to fast;
- this fix is Unix specific, so it had to be in UnixFileDirectory
instead.

My unsure feeling was the reason to post with [FIX?].

BTW: I've found it annoying, that there isn't a - possibly - abstract
class which handles Files and Directories unique and has some tests like
- isExistingFile,
- isExistingDir,
etc. working with the path.
Currently you have to be careful:
If you say FileDirectory on: '/tmp/foo' you get a FileDirectory with
'/tmp' and don't know if 'foo' is a dir or a file.

Greetings,

Stephan

--
Stephan Rudlof (sr at evolgo.de)