[BUG][FIX?] UnixFileDirectory

Stephan Rudlof sr at evolgo.de
Mon May 8 11:49:07 UTC 2000

Dear Squeaker,

this is a possible fix for the UnixFileDirectory. Please read the
preamble to see why I'm not sure, that it is a *good* fix.

Greetings,

Stephan

"Change Set:		Fix_UnixFileDirectory
Date:			8 May 2000
Author:			Stephan Rudlof

There is a subtle bug under Unix which is fixed by this changeset.

Possible problem:

I'm not sure if this is a good manner to fix this problem, or if a
deeper refactoring would be better.
Under Unix '/' is a real directory, and not just a path delimiter like
the corresponding characters/strings in other file systems.
The Unix way expressed in terms of other file systems would be:
'/' had to be renamed to 'root' and it would be something like
'root/tmp' instead of '/tmp' (this is not a suggestion, just to explain
the problem!).

Other opinions?

Bug:
FileDirectory default fileOrDirectoryExists: '/tmp' true
FileDirectory default fileOrDirectoryExists: '/' false

After fix:
FileDirectory default fileOrDirectoryExists: '/tmp' true
FileDirectory default fileOrDirectoryExists: '/' true
"
--
Stephan Rudlof (sr at evolgo.de)