Virtual memory error (2.7 on Windows/CE)

Raab, Andreas Andreas.Raab at disney.com
Tue May 16 00:27:40 UTC 2000

Ned,

I'm not quite sure if this answer will actually help you but it's the case
that there's some problem with the serial port access on MIPS. It turns out
that MIPS doesn't quite like unaligned accesses and (for some strange
reason) the serial port stuff causes an unaligned access (triggering an
exception which is not quite handled the right way). I've fixed that problem
in the support code (some time ago) but I'm not quite sure if the
precompiled VMs actually contain the fix. I'll check it out.

  - Andreas