Proposal3: Make $_ a valid identifier character

Dean_Swan at Mitel.COM Dean_Swan at Mitel.COM
Wed May 31 16:34:40 UTC 2000

From:  Dean Swan at MITEL on 05/31/2000 12:34 PM

Tim,
     Sign me up too.  The complete lack of underscores in identifiers (or
anywhere else, for that matter) is one of the reasons I like Smalltalk.  IMO,
underscores could be rename "uglyscores", and here I am stuck with one of the
buggers in my e-mail address! :-(  It always sounds awkward to me when I have to
give someone my e-mail address over the telephone.

                                   -Dean
                                   dean_swan at mitel.com

Tim Rowledge <tim at sumeru.stanford.edu> on 05/29/2000 05:21:31 PM

Please respond to squeak at cs.uiuc.edu