[Goodie] a morphic watch & StrikeFonts

Dan Ingalls Dan.Ingalls at disney.com
Sun May 14 22:44:38 UTC 2000

Stefan Matthias Aust <sma at 3plus4.de> wrote...
>Actually the most difficult thing was to create a
>StrikeFont from scratch.  It seems, there's absolutely no method to do so
>and it's even not documented.  So I made it up in an inspector, then using
>#widen:by: and #edit: to add character glyphs.

Stefan -

Did you try...

StrikeFont>>buildfontNamed: nm fromForms: forms startingAtAscii: startAscii
	ascent: a descent: d maxWid: m
	"This builds a StrikeFont instance from existing forms."

I wrote this method after encountering the exact same frustration when I wanted to build the font for Smalltalk-72.

We'll give you A for effort, building a StrikeFont in an inspector!

	- Dan