Celeste design (was Re: [ENH] Celeste attachments/displaying a thingie)

Bert Freudenberg bert at isgnw.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De
Tue May 2 15:09:45 UTC 2000

On Tue, 2 May 2000, Lex Spoon wrote:

> So, a multipart MIMEDocument right now is a really useless critter,
> because you can't separate the parts.

Yeah, I saw the code that just grabs the first line remotely resembling a
MIME boundary ;-)

> > All in all, this is great! Unfortunately, I don't see an easy way to make
> > Celeste cooperate with the normal Unix mail handling tools ...
>
> But then, does it matter that much?  Most Unix stations have POP
> available as well.

I prefer leaving the mail on the server. I guess what I really want is
IMAP, but if I say this, someone will point at me and sing that darned
Nike slogan ...

  -Bert-