[BUG] StrinHolderView dnu: #getMenu:

Stefan Matthias Aust sma at 3plus4.de
Sun May 28 21:26:57 UTC 2000

At 09:40 22.05.00 -0700, Tim Rowledge wrote:
>In a 2.8alpha image, press middle button in the 'welcome To..' window

Strange.  It seems that this window isn't a normal Workspace but the only
case where a stringholderview is used.  A workaround is to copy that
window's contents into a normal workspace and color that yellow :-)

>always used to work ok, seems a recent problem to me.

The method you mentioned was changed 27.4.00 by Robert Hirschfeld.  But I
don't know exactly why.  The #getMenu: stuff works only with
PluggableViews, not with the "classic" ones.  Of course one could add

StringHolderView getMenu: whatever
   ^ nil

to fix the problem, but that would even worsen the problem.  If I revert
the mentioned method to my version, the code works again, but Robert surely
fixed a bug so that's no option.

>It seems  ParagrapEditor>getPluggableYellowButtonMenu: is the culprit
>here. Am I the only one that finds the method a little ugly?

Compared to other methods in the system?  No, I don't find it ugly ;-)

bye