World sensitivity (was Re: [updates] 35 more for 2.8alpha)

Stefan Matthias Aust sma at 3plus4.de
Mon May 1 08:56:19 UTC 2000

At 23:11 30.04.00 +0200, Stefan Matthias Aust wrote:
>At 14:43 30.04.00 -0400, Bob Arning wrote:
>>That's a good idea, but it still leaves the question of where those few
>>methods will find the world. Object>>currentWorld starts out:
>>
>>         World ifNotNil: [^ World].
>
>It would be already an improvement if only this method an another one
>which sets the global would be the only references to the global.

Okay, I replaced all nil tests to "World" with "Smalltalk isMorphic".  A
66k change is available at www.3plus4.de/squeak/.  I also replaced "World
primaryHand attachMorph:" commands with a new service in HandMorph.

The remaining 56 references use either World refresh the screen - which can
also be removed I think - or to fiddle around with projects and
worlds-in-worlds - I'm not so sure what to do here.

bye
--
Stefan Matthias Aust  //  ...dancing on the dark side of moon