[BUG] LargeIntegers primitives fail for MVC

Stephan Rudlof sr at evolgo.de
Sat May 27 22:42:30 UTC 2000

Jerry,

JArchibald at aol.com wrote:

> => 5/25/00 1:26:10 PM, JArchibald at aol.com =>
> << Once you've been in morphic, mvc LargeIntegers then work. >>
>
> BTW, you only have to open a Morphic project, you don't even have to enter
> it. Then LargeIntegers work. But the test #checkIfCModuleExists returns true
> even when the LargeIntegers exist, but are not initialized to work (and thus
> fail).
>
> Cheers,
> Jerry.

I'm fishing in the dark regarding this problem:

- There shouldn't be any dependencies of Morphic or MVC, the plugin is
just for speeding up LargeInteger arithmetics and there is *no* GUI
related/specific stuff in it;
- LargeIntegers plugin/module (2163LargeIntegersPlugin) hasn't any
special initialization function (there is only an empty initialize()
function in C), which has to be called before using it;
- #checkIfCModuleExists is just an existence test, it should return
	- true, if the module exists,
	- false, if the module doesn't exist,
	-> this also works, if the methods in Integer class/subclasses are not
changed correctly;
- if the installation changeset 2164LargeIntegersInstall is installed,
LargeIntegers will be called by some Integer class/subclasses methods;
if the module is missing, these calls fail and ST methods will be used.

Ideas:
- Possibly there are problems with isolated changesets?

Question:
- Are there other MACers having these problems? (I'm working with
Linux.)

Greetings,

Stephan Rudlof (author of the LargeIntegersPlugin)
--
Stephan Rudlof (sr at evolgo.de)