[ENH] Proposal to remove method

Scott Wallace Scott.Wallace at disney.com
Tue May 23 19:25:06 UTC 2000

Andres,

Actually, the two methods have different functions:

"lineCorrespondingToIndex: n" gives you the line that contains the
nth character of the string.

whereas

"lineNumber: n"  gives you the nth line.

For example,

'Fred
the
Bear'  lineCorrespondingToIndex: 3       is 'Fred'

whereas

'Fred
the
Bear'  lineNumber: 3                     is 'Bear'.

Both functions had their uses in the early days of Squeak (both
methods date back more than 4 years!) but, as you say, the former is
no longer used, so I agree that it could and should be removed.
Unless we hear someone holler.

  -- Scott