Can you help me? (Work-in-Progress, Zooming Browser Panes)

Norton, Chris chrisn at Kronos.com
Thu May 18 00:00:47 UTC 2000

Hello again!

OK.  I know it's bad form to repost your own e-mail, but...  I still need a
bit more help!  :-)

But first...  Thanks to Jim B. for the SystemWindow>>panelRect tip!  That
was one of the things I was looking for.  And thanks to Karl; I appreciate
your suggestions on disabling the mouse move events, but actually, I'm not
looking to change that functionality.  (What I'm really trying to do is to
maximize the available window that I'm working in.  That is what this
"zooming" is all about).

The attached change set has Jim's suggestion in it.  I also cleaned up the
classification of TextMorphForEditView, PluggableTextMorph and
PluggableListMorph (classified the unclassified methods).  This change set
is compatible with Squeak 2.8a, with updates to #2158.

My feature still suffers as I described here:

"Now, I am not that experienced with morphic, so I've probably gone about
this the wrong way, but I figured that I would associate command-t (Alt-t on
Windows) with the ability to zoom (I chose 't', because it's the last letter
available... oh drat!).  I added behavior to PluggableListMorph and to
PluggableTextMorph that I believe will do the zooming/unzooming, but I've
had some trouble making it work properly.  If I try to zoom from a Browser's
text pane, it maximizes/minimizes the pane splendidly.  But if I try to zoom
from the Browser's scroll panes, it doesn't zoom properly.***"

*** Specifically, only part of the list pane zooms to the SystemWindow's
inner rectangle.  But the scroll bars zoom to the full pane!!  I'm wondering
if I have to invalidate the rectangle somehow???

I've also still got some questions regarding this:

"The last part I'd like a bit of advice on is where this code should live.
Clearly, it is not nice to have duplicate code sprinkled here and there
throughout the image.  I'd prefer to put this in one place... but I don't
know where that place is."

Thanks again for your thoughts & help!

---==> Chris

 <<BrowserZoom-ccn.3.cs.gz>>