Playing AIFF sounds

Mark Guzdial guzdial at cc.gatech.edu
Sun May 7 18:29:21 UTC 2000

>Hi,
>
>You might want to try a different possibly newer, version of quicktime.
>You might be tripping over something funny between your sound manager
>and your hardware.  This whole problem rings a faint bell...

We recently had a similar problem on my G3 Powerbook where sound was
messed up both in QuickTime and in Squeak.  Aibek Musaev solved by
tweaking the sampling rate in the Sound control panel.  Seems that if
it's set too low, bad things happen to playback.

Mark

Associate Professor - Learning Sciences & Technologies.
Collaborative Software Lab
(404) 894-5618 : Fax (404) 894-0673 : guzdial at cc.gatech.edu