Lazy Display init (Was: Re: [ENH] Splash screen)

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Mon May 22 03:05:04 UTC 2000

In message <20000521112246.A24406 at conch.msen.com>
          "David T. Lewis" <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 18, 2000 at 09:33:08PM +0200, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> > On Thu, 18 May 2000, Tim Rowledge wrote:
> >
> > > One part of this could be done by adopting the changed semantics of
> > > beDisplay that I use on the Acorn; the window is not created
> > > until/unless that prim is called.[snip]
>
> Actually, I did this once before, based on Tim's suggestions. I'm attaching
> a copy of my earlier message.
That's an interesting way of handling it. I did it all within the Acorn
specific vm code to avoid any need for persuading people to incorporate
image changes in such a sensitive area. We should probably revisit the
idea properly sometime.

tim

Useful random insult:- Always needs to have jokes explained.