www.squeakworld.com!

Göran Hultgren gohu at rocketmail.com
Wed May 31 08:31:47 UTC 2000

Hi Mark and all others!

--- Mark Guzdial <guzdial at cc.gatech.edu> wrote:
> I'd be interested in writing -- AFTER OCTOBER.  Until then, I have
> Squeak-writing up to my ears :-)

Super! It seems that people are lining up - very encouraging!

I am collecting all responses I get (both via email and through the list) and will soon post a
summary of responses + a "content proposal" + (hopefully) a team list with some proposed "roles"
like for example "site administrator", "column writer", "interested in writing articles", "graphic
artist" etc. So keep mailing me guys if you are interested to join the Squeakworld team from the
start! :-) (feel like some political campaign manager... yuk)

> Consider the possibility of Comanche Swiki with tuned templates.  As
> an example of what you can do, visit http://coweb.cc.gatech.edu/csl/
> This is a Comanche Swiki.  In Comanche Swiki, you have
> prototype-based inheritance.  For this case, there is another Swiki
> (csl-priv) that requires a username-password to get in.  csl and
> csl-priv share the exact same pages (via the inheritance mechanism),
> but they have different security and different templates.  Thus, csl
> looks like a normal website, but when you visit it from the private
> side, you can edit it just like any other Swiki.

This sounds pretty perfect to me. I am already a Swiki-junkie so I have also been thinking along
those lines.

I was thinking of using CVS for content management - and it still might come handy for some things
- but a Swiki solution would be nicer, is this a rendered Swiki or is the "public" side also
served from Comanche? Is there any possibility that we could "borrow" your setup on csl as an
example or something? I assume it can be quite tricky to get it configured. Comanche and
Swiki-stuff does not really have a trackrecord of being over-documented... ;-) ;-)

Thanks in advance, Göran

=====
Göran Hultgren, goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
icq#:6136722, GSM: +46 709 472152, http://www.bluefish.se
"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you.
Then they fight you. Then you win." -- Gandhi