PhD&postdoc positions University of Berne where we are Smalltalking

Stephane Ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Mon May 15 10:11:10 UTC 2000

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

Please forward this announcement to potentially interested candidates.

The Software Composition Group of the University of Berne carries out
research in various aspects of software component technology.

We have a number of open positions for PhD students or postdocs to carry
out research on component technology for embedded systems.  The work will
be funded by a new IST research project, "PECOS: Pervasive Component
Systems" within the European Community's Fifth Framework Programme.  The
research topics include:

- migration strategies towards component technology
- specifying and validating non-functional properties of software components
- component repositories
- visual composition and monitoring tools

Interested candidates should contact: Oscar.Nierstrasz at iam.unibe.ch

Kind regards,
Oscar Nierstrasz
---
Prof. Dr. O. Nierstrasz        -- Software Composition Group, U. Berne
Oscar.Nierstrasz at iam.unibe.ch  -- Phone: +41 31 631.4618 (Sec: 4692)
http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~oscar -- Fax:   +41 31 631.3355

Stephane DUCASSE (ducasse at iam.unibe.ch) http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~ducasse/

University of Bern, Institut fuer informatik and Mathematik
IAM-SCG, 10 neubruckstrasse, CH-3012 Bern, Switzerland.