[ENH][Inc] BrowserWithDragAndDrop

Stephan Rudlof sr at evolgo.de
Sat May 6 12:22:40 UTC 2000

Bert,

Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> On Sat, 6 May 2000, Stephan Rudlof wrote:
>
> > Keyword 'Update' is reserved by SqC, what about 'incremental' with
> > shortcut [Inc] instead?
>
> This looks more like meaning "include" to me. What should it mean? A fix
> to an enhancement? IMHO it should suffice if the prerequisites are listed.
> Fortunately, my new SQFIXES sorter is tolerant enough this mail got still
> included in the right thread ... I think it would be best if you state the
> intent as subject comment in parentheses:
>         [ENH] BrowserWithDragAndDrop (v0.6.3, mostly bug fixes)
>
> -- Bert

I have read your suggestion after my proposal. But in spite of this I
wanted to make clear the difference between an *incremental* changeset
and its corresponding *basis* changeset, from which the incremental one
depends on. After your suggestion this information has to be put in
parentheses like
	[ENH] BrowserWithDragAndDrop (v0.6.3, incremental cs to v0.6, bug fixes
and improvements)
.
I think it would be good to have this information in the subject line,
so everyone can fastly see, if there are new - incremental -
improvements of already posted changesets, and that it is *not*
sufficient just to download this incremental one.

Any opinions? (I'm not dogmatic regarding this point ;-) )

I think it would be nice to have a *common* good naming scheme for all
postings...

Greetings,

Stephan
--