Can you help me? (Work-in-Progress, Zooming Browser Panes)

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Thu May 18 03:14:17 UTC 2000

On Wed, 17 May 2000 20:00:47 -0400 "Norton, Chris" <chrisn at Kronos.com> wrote:
>If I try to zoom from a Browser's
>text pane, it maximizes/minimizes the pane splendidly.  But if I try to zoom
>from the Browser's scroll panes, it doesn't zoom properly.***"
>
>*** Specifically, only part of the list pane zooms to the SystemWindow's
>inner rectangle.  But the scroll bars zoom to the full pane!!  I'm wondering
>if I have to invalidate the rectangle somehow???

Chris,

The problem here is that, although you are repositioning and resizing one pane, the others retain their size and position from before. The difference you are seeing is that the PluggableTextMorph is the frontmost and thus obscures the others. The PluggableListMorphs, are further to the rear and may be overdrawn by those closer to the front. So if you do something like:

'From Squeak2.8alpha of 13 January 2000 [latest update: #2158] on 17 May 2000 at 11:03:28 pm'!

!PluggableListMorph methodsFor: 'zoom bounds' stamp: 'RAA 5/17/2000 23:02'!
doZoom
	"User requested to maximize me to my parent's inner bounds.  Save my original bounds
	 in my zoomBounds variable."

	self zoomBounds: self bounds.
	owner addMorphFront: self.		"<<<<<<"
	self bounds: self model topView panelRect! !

you'll get more of what you want.

Cheers,
Bob