Enhancement Request: mini dialogues to replace misusedMenus

Michael Rüger m.rueger at acm.org
Mon May 29 08:44:46 UTC 2000

> At 13:57 18.05.00 -0700, Tim Rowledge wrote:
> >If anyone is looking for a little project that be of considerable
> >benefit ( no IMHO - I don't _have_ humble opinions), please consider
> >making a simple dialogue class which can be use to replace the popup
> >menus I keep seeing to tell me a file already exists, do I want to
> >overwrite it? It would be nice to have something that can understand a
> >few simple keystrokes such as tab/shift-tab, return, maybe Y or N, that
> >kind of thing.

There is a set of "standard" dialogs I did a while ago:

http://swiki.gsug.org:8080/sqfixes/554.html

This version doesn't support keyboard handling and is not modal (which
could be combined with the MacOS X dialogs from the list).

IMHO (I have such ;-) ) the progress indicator (there is already a
progress morph) and the popup lists (a selection dialog still needs to
be done) should also be replaced.

Michael