boring bulky but beneficial browser bringings

Stephan Rudlof sr at evolgo.de
Mon May 22 17:26:15 UTC 2000

Steve Wessels wrote:

> I have not looked at the code.  However let me not hesitate to say I think the idea of removing
> explicit class names wherever possible and replacing them with "self class" is an excellent
> practice.  This would be a good general refactoring project for someone to do.

I have to send out a warning:
This is difficult for Browser class methods starting a new browser (I've
met this problem).
I think the reason is, that e.g. HierarchyBrowser as subclass starts
browsers over these methods (and "self" results in "HierarchyBrowser"
instead of "Browser" then).

So I think this is a valuable project, but it cannot be done by blindly
replacing class names by "self" or "self class". Thinking, testing and
introducing methods like e.g. Browser class>>standardBrowserClass is
necessary to do this task.

Greetings,

Stephan

--