SqMailServer

JArchibald at aol.com JArchibald at aol.com
Fri May 19 03:37:46 UTC 2000

=> 5/4/00 1:32:45 PM EDT, arning at charm.net =>
<< I would be interested in your reaction to
    http://www.charm.net/~arning/SqMailServer.24Apr1833.cs >>

Bob--

I finally got a chance to look at the package (suffering with a knock out
cold for last two weeks).

The first question that came to mind is "What is the repository?" (when I
execute 'EekMailClientWindow open') -- is this some mail that you've
collected, does it duplicate the Squeak mailing list (there were a lot of
things that I couldn't find, so I guessed it was a selection), or is it
something else. I assume this is running from a machine of yours as a server.

If I were to want to build my own repository, or an interface to mine or
someone else's repository (such a Georg Gollman's), what are starting points
in the code to begin to grok this? Similarly, how do I understand your
repository (structure, access, etc.)?

The package looks great, though large. You wouldn't have an anatomy guide to
the code, by any chance. :-)  UML? :-)  Notes? :-)

Two minor problems I ran into: (a) I couldn't execute EekMailServerWindows
open; gives a walk-back (looks like it is not creating needed files), and (b)
I couldn't Collapse the Mail Client window; gives a walk-back
(BobsPluggableTextMorph(ComponentLikeModel)>>delete is objecting to a #nil
slotName).

Thanks,
Jerry.